Robert Garcia is a senior attorney at Barry L. Miller, P.A. and focuses his practice in the areas of residential and commercial real estate, realtor representation in ethical and licensing disputes, civil litigation, contract disputes, landlord-tenant disputes, and creditor rights. Prior to joining Barry L. Miller, P.A., Robert was a professional liability shareholder at one of the nation’s largest civil litigation firms defending all types of professionals and businesses in a variety of legal matters ranging from contract disputes, defamation, debt collection, and breach of fiduciary duty claims. His clients included homeowner and condominium associations, contractors, subcontractors, board members, franchisors, and realtors. Robert has obtained favorable results for his clients at court, arbitration and mediations from the granting of motions to dismiss with prejudice, motions for summary judgment, to the settlement of lawsuits for zero dollars.
In 2004, Robert earned a Bachelor of Science in finance from the University of Florida, graduating cum laude. He was a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society, Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society and an Anderson Scholar of High Distinction. In 2007, Robert earned his juris doctorate degree from Boston University School of Law during which time he served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Ellen Sue Venzer of the 11thJudicial Circuit of Florida and worked for a nationally recognized boutique firm specializing in securities and financial litigation.
Robert is fluent in Spanish and is a member of the Florida Bar and the Orange County Bar Association. He is admitted to practice throughout the State of Florida as well as the United States District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts.
- “As-Is Contracts. Understand Your Disclosure Duties,”Florida Realtor, September 2017
- “You’re Suing Me? But I Did It On Behalf of My Company,” Orlando Business Journal,September 29, 2016
- “Florida Broadens its Anti-Slapp Statute, But Is It On The Verge of Death?” Defense Digest, Volume 22, No. 2, June2016
- “Understanding the Statute of Limitations Can Help Mitigate Legal Risks,” Construction Executive, September 2015
- “5 Tips on Avoiding Legal Hot Water When Trying to Collect Consumer Debts,” Orlando Business Journal, August 2014
Membership and Activities
- Florida Bar Association: Member
- Orange County Bar Association: Member
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), Boston University School of Law
- Bachelor of Science, Warrington College of Business, University of Florida